OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Saturday, January 10, 2004


Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!

Woo hoo..just made the 'deadline' for today. Go me...
Well did a few things today...Got up at about 6:45 to go get my hair cut. It was the only time she had available that day so I had to take it. I was going to take E with me, but decided she could stay at home alone for an hour while I went and got my hair cut. I've been working her into that lately...I think I was about 10 or so when my mom started leaving me home for short periods of time by myself. Anyway, she was still asleep so it's not like she was going to get into trouble... I need to remember to find out what kind of shampoo she used this time...smelled really good. I got to listen to her tell me the story of how she found out her husband is bisexual and how he cheated on her with her own brother...very gossipy and what you would expect the conversation with your hair stylist to be like I suppose. went to a shower for my cousin who is on her 2nd kid with a 2nd father. It's not exactly the best situation in the world but I commend her for making the best of it. It's lucky that she has people around who support her. It's very important in those kind of situations. She's having a boy so I got her some little clothes for him and a blanket. I love shopping for baby clothes...everything is so teeny tiny. Shoes are the most fun.
When I got home, I got to work taking down the christmas decorations and making dinner at the same time. I decided to make something that wouldn't need constant attention so I made some spaghetti...it was very yummy. I used a different recipe this time. I like to use a different one every time....makes it more interesting. I might stick with this one though because even my daughter liked it and she doesn't usually like the sauce that much. I started with 3/4 of an onion, garlic and olive oil. I added bacon...then meat. (one thing about the meat...I had to call the store to make sure it wasn't some of that mad cow recalled meat...I think I may stop buying hamburger meat for a while....ewwww) After that was all cooked through, I added wine, then tomatoes, italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. i let all of that cook down and then popped it into the oven for a couple of hours....the best kind of no hassle food is the kind you can stick in the oven and forget about for a couple of hours.. hehe Anyway, It turned out really good.
By the time it was done, I had most of the Christmas undecorating done, just had to finish boxing it up. I have all of the ornaments I had as a kid and have picked up a fair share along the way so this took some time... Finally got it all done and boxed and up into the attic. Thank god christmas is done. On to better things.
I did manage to catch JO on tv tonight. They are running his 'Happy Days Live' series right now. It's all very obviously choreographed, but not in a bad way, kinda funny. And, he used recipes from the book I have of his...my favorite of course for more reasons that one. I think the only thing I haven't done is join the fan club lol. Ok, I'm not that pathetic am i?
that's about it really. it's cold in here now so i'm calling it a day...

 
Promote your blog for free.