OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Jobby Jobs

Why is it people pay you big bucks to do things you loathe but if you want to do something you actually enjoy, they can barely manage to scrape together a few pennies?
I am now officially (well, almost) a Wilton Method Instructor. What this means is I am taking my cake decorating non-talent and passing it on to others who would like to learn. I'm doing this mostly because I want to work in a job where the main thing is not talking to people on the phone about how to locate the Start button or explaining to them why it's a good idea to save their work frequently when working on documents that takes 3 hours to compose. The pay is NOT good, the hours couldn't be better, and there are a number of perks that go along with it, not the least of which is a 40% discount (woohoo!). Having finally procured this job, after a couple of months of limbo over another job that I ended up NOT getting because I bounced a check 10 years ago, I got an email from a head hunter today offering me a help desk job in Chesapeake. While I said I would never get a tech job again, the money might just be too good to pass up, especially since we will be basically drawing from savings every month to live in our new house if I can't pull in the extra. Then again, if it's not, do I take the crappy job at the crappy pay just because I would be making more at that than doing cake stuff?

 
Promote your blog for free.