OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Happy Birthday to me

Yup, today it's 31...(sigh)
When I was a teenager, I thought that 30 was OLD.
Since then I've realized that teenagers are idiots who don't know anything, but think they do. So it's all good!

Watching Food Network...
Ever notice that Giada De Laurentiis wears WAY too much makeup and looks like a lollipop (you know, teeny tiny stick body with a HUGE balloon head). She's like a train wreck, I can't help watching. And what's up with the OCD hand washing after everything she touches? I wonder if she has a special bar of soap and everything.
WTF happened to Rachel Ray? She used to be cute in a girl-next-door kind of way but now I guess she has put on a few pounds or something because she looks funky in a bad way and her overzealous personality seems to have morphed into some kind of psychotic, giggle infested, EVOO, drug induced bad trip or something.
Alton Brown never disappoints though. He's my surrogate husband. When Jeff was gone on deployment, AB was the only man that I saw almost every day. I still watch all of his shows even though I've seen them thousands of times.

I made my own birthday cake today. It was chocolate with chocolate filling made from scratch, including the fondant. It looks sort of like a purse...or a pillow, or something. I'll post a pic eventually.

Hmmm what else...OH

I got a job! Staying at home has been fun, but I am not doing anything productive while I wait to be impregnanted so I may as well make some money. I'm waiting for a security clearance so that I can work on the base here in Norfolk. It's your basic helpdesk type job but for less pay than I was getting before. I'm not all that concerned about how much I make, since it's all going to be extra anyway. It's nice to not have to worry about that for once...

Speaking of trying to get impregnated...yep we're still trying. I had an oh-so-pleasant pelvic ultrasound a few weeks ago and the results were "normal" according to my doctor so there's no reason why I have such a weird cycle. I must admit that I never dreamed having a baby would be this hard, if i had known this in high school I wouldn't have worried so much! March will be a year and a half (more or less) that I've been off of birth control. Of course, Jeff was gone for several months in there and some high stress things were happening in my life (oh, like moving accross the country...) so it's not totally abnormal yet. This will be my 3rd month "charting" so maybe it will get better. I use a nifty little website called "Fertility Friend" (I know it's hilarious isn't it?). I think that link contains more information than you will EVER want to know about me, so click at your own risk.

Ok, I'm fighting sleep...time to surrender. =)

 
Promote your blog for free.