OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Glue

I didn't really want to post anything about 9/11 because there were so many other blogs that did a better job than I could.
I don't get why people always say "when 9/11 hit...". Hit? How can it hit? It's not a hurricane. It's not a storm. Sure, there was probably hitting involved...but the date? 9/11? It happened, and it 'hit' us all for a loop. I dunno, I never have understood why people use that term to describe it.
On September 11, 2001, my friend Julie was visiting from Florida. It was supposed to be her last day in town, but because they closed the airports, she was stuck there for 5 more days. At first she thought she would lose her job.
My then boyfriend met my daughter for the first time on that day. We had been dating about 3 weeks then. Usually I wait a lot longer but somehow I just thought it would be ok. The whole day had been very strange and emotional and I think we felt closer because of that. (I went on to marry the guy, who woulda known...)
I don't have much more to say about 9/11. It was sad and it will continue to be a day that's sad for a long time.
I guess I'll just quote a message from the last fortune cookie I ate...

"Love is the glue that holds together everything in the world."

 
Promote your blog for free.