OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Duh!

"This is getting ridiculous," said Eleanor Sharkey, who lives with four grandchildren in West Palm Beach and who had her roof torn apart and power knocked out by Frances. "I'm petrified, just petrified. Oh God, I need help. I have no milk. I can't get proper food. I have nothing nourishing for the children. When will this end?"

Yeah I'll say she needs help...Who are these half witted people who are surprised that Florida is getting hurricanes? Why do they not prepare for these things? I used to live in Florida. Every year for hurricane season, you start buying canned goods, water, batteries and all of the other crap you need to have. We bought plywood the first year we were there and kept it until we moved away. Do these people not read? Do they not know that Florida has hurricane season for 5 months out of the year BEFORE they moved their happy behinds down there?
I don't get it!

"Look at this," said Gloria Serrano, who toured her mother-in-law's damaged West Palm Beach mobile home. "There's no water, there's no electricity, there's sewage on the ground and there are trees on my mother-in-law's roof. I'm very worried."

That's because she live in a tin can! Move her into a real house...with a foundation...one that can't be carted off with a semi truck.

 
Promote your blog for free.