OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Saturday, September 04, 2004

"I'm not going to school anymore. There's a war at school."

Those were the words of Alana Dzandarova, the 6 year old who was forced to stay behind when her mother was allowed to escape the hostage situation in Russia with her 2 year old son.

Can you imagine having to choose which of your children to take with you? How would you live with the guilt if the one left behind was injured or killed? How do you answer your child's questions about having to go to school when they've been through something as traumatic as this?
Thankfully Alana made it out alive thanks to a 15 year old boy who helped her escape.

I thought about this some today. I'm not sure what else to say about that really other than I hope that I'm never forced to be in a situation like that.

 
Promote your blog for free.