OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same

Below is what I heard standing in the Green Room at the Showbox last night waiting for the doors to open. It was Keane's soundcheck. I figured that any music they played during the show would be too loud to pick up on my phone. It was a brilliant show. I made many friends standing in the crowded venue and even saw Brian and his sister. There were people of all ages there which was a little strange but very cool to think that music could reach such a wide range of people. I was right up in front which allowed me to get some interesting pictures. Unfortunately I was in the middle of a sea of 15-16 year olds but I was no less enthusiastic. I'll have to post the pics later since they are on my camera and I didn't get in until 3am. Here are the ones I took with my phone.

This is Tom the lead singer. He was hard to catch as he was pretty much all over the stage. Every time he knelt down in front of us, he got back up before I could snap a picture.

This is Tim the pianist. I was pretty much right behind him and his many electronic pianos the whole time so it was hard to get pics but I did get some interesting ones of his feet. He looked a little like Animal from the Muppets when he played. I wasn't able to get many good shots of the drummer, Richard, because I was so far to the side but he too was really into the music. They generated a lot of energy between the 3 of them.
The band stayed after the show and signed autographs and took photos. I felt like a little fan-girl...I don't care though! I had a great time and if I didn't have other commitments, would drive to Portland to see them again tonight.

 
Promote your blog for free.