OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Monday, April 12, 2004

What a great weekend. Not terribly exciting, but I enjoyed it a lot. I had a 'home decorating and improving' mood going on this weekend in a lot of ways so I bought a new shade for my dining room window and some new pictures and things. It's amazing how a picture can really change how a room feels.
I made a fabulous brunch/dinner thing yesterday for Easter. Pork tenderloin is the easiest thing in the world to make and it always tastes super yummy. I also made a salad with tarragon leaves, shallots pickled in champagne vinegar, red and green grapes, olive oil, and goat's cheese. It was an interesting mix but very tasty. Mom made Texas potatoes which seems to be an Easter tradition and are always very yummy...
As always, my daughter made out like a bandit as far as candy goes. She got everything from a 12" chocolate bunny (which melted tragically when we left it in the car too long...melted chocolate is still yummy though) to sweet and sour SweeTart candies to Ultra Sour Warheads. I think she will have rotten teeth by the time she is 15.
The weather this weekend was gorgeous and it truly felt like spring for the first time this year. I love this time of year when you can open the windows and leave the door open and the nice smells from outside come in to air out the stale air from winter. It's the kind of thing that makes you want to take a nap.

 
Promote your blog for free.