OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Friday, February 13, 2004


Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!

What a perfect time to start something new. Friday the 13th and all...Friday Five? worth a try...so here goes

1. Are you superstitious?
My lucky number is 33. I used to always think that if I looked at a particular building (it was a podiatrist's office...go figure) when I passed it then I would have a bad day. I have had black cats pretty much my whole life. I open umbrellas indoors all the time. I don't walk under ladders because I'm afraid they will fall on me. When I drive over a bridge I absolutely CANNOT look at anything but the road in front of me. I'm very afraid of heights, you see. If I look over the side, or even worse, through the grating under the car, I get visions of plummeting over the side helplessly...it's not fun for me to drive over bridges. So I guess you could say sometimes yes I am superstitious. If you're asking if I send out chain e-mails for fear that someone will burn down my house or something, then no.

2. What extremes have you heard of someone going to in the name of superstition?
My friend Julie absolutely cannot receive a chain letter email without forwarding it. She can't help it, god bless her.

3. Believer or not, what's your favorite superstition?
I'll have to think about this one...I guess I don't really know that much about superstitions outside of the normal every day ones. I am a firm believer in Karma. I would say that's my favorite.

4. Do you believe in luck? If yes, do you have a lucky number/article of clothing/ritual?
See above. 33 is a great number, don't you think?
I believe in Fate...not so much luck. Maybe that's because I have no luck? lol
I used to have a 'lucky' pair of jeans until I gained too much weight. They are still in my closet though.
I've been rather ritualistic lately about brushing my teeth. I don't want dentures, they seem uncomfortable and aren't very becoming.

Fate, though...I absolutely believe in...Even if it sucks sometimes...

5. Do you believe in astrology? Why or why not?
I absolutely believe in astrology. I've had readings and had my cards read. It's amazingly accurate (the astrology, not so much the cards). I receive my horoscope every day in my email and it almost always has some little nugget of advice or is just the thing I needed to read when I read it.
In the words of Jamie Oliver...'there are too many things in this world that are too flukey to be flukes'. He was talking about cooking...I am talking about everything.

Well that was fun...don't you think?

 
Promote your blog for free.