OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Friday, February 20, 2004


Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!

Well yesterday turned out to not be a total loss after all...not to say that it wasn't a MAJOR source of stress both at work and at home, but I did at least get my belated birthday gift from my mom. She got me a pie plate from The Pampered Chef. In case you haven't heard of it, it's one of those Tupperware-like things where they try to cram useless kitchen gadgets down your throat instead of an endless supply of plastic containers. I never want to be one of those people that cooks and has every imaginable gadget you could imagine. It seems really hokey and I think for the most part people don't need a majority of the things they offer. My mom has all kinds of kitchen junk, but hates to cook. That one, I'll never figure out. Maybe there is some kind of unspoken law that says you have to have a certain number of appliances and gadgets in your kitchen? I may never know that...but I am bound and determined to keep it as simple as possible. Quality over quality....or something like that.
Anyway... Today's been a crazy day!
Started off with an appointment with the, ahem, counselor. I really like her...maybe I'll call her My Friend, the counselor...sounds less scary. It was a good time though. It's nice to feel as though you are moving forward in life instead of standing still...always a plus.
After that it was rush rush to work to find that Mr. Creepy wasn't here today. He had taken the day off to go to a memorial...uh huh..sure. Luckily, Friday's are a piece of cake generally. I like Friday's. Everyone seems chilled and ready for the weekend. This only becomes a problem when there is some sort of crisis. Because everyone is ready for the weekend, they tend to want to get it started as soon as possible (naturally) so the office is pretty dead by 3 in the afternoon. I had one such crisis today that kept me busy for the better part of 2 hours but thankfully it wasn't anything major.
Tonight I will be doing what every parent is loathe to do....having a sleepover for 5 of my daughter's best friends. Whether or not they are going to show up remains to be seen as none of their parents could be bothered to RSVP. I think the fact that RSVP is short for a French phrase is what some people don't understand. It should say "If you want to come to the party, CALL ME OR YOU AIN"T GETTIN NO FOOD"! hehe
I have planned ahead though and should have plenty of junk food, soda, cake, and pizza that they can eat. I've taken measures to ensure they are not bored by renting 3 movies. I think they will be entertained for the better part of the evening...
Ahh well wish me luck =)

 
Promote your blog for free.