OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Wednesday, February 18, 2004


Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!

It never ceases to amaze me what other people's idea of 'network security is. In some organizations (who shall remain nameless) it is acceptable to use a generic password for everyone in the organization...one that is the first thing on most people's list if they were smart enough to figure out how to hack into a system. Then there are people in the organization that I work for who get one person to login and then that person stays logged in....indefinitely...until they have to restart the PC. Then they call me and ask me why they can't login. No one seems to care about this problem, as I've brought it up several times. I guess they won't care until they are slapped with some kind of fine or something...
not my problem. =)
My on-going quest for fitness continues and I think I am beginning to see some results. I have lost a total of 9 lbs. So far and my pants are definitely fitting me better these days. I can now walk to the car at a brisk pace without becoming winded and my resting heart rate is down to 64...which seems a little low to me, but apparently it can be as low as 40 and you're still considered alive...maybe I'll panic when it gets below 40... I wish there was a way to lose weight in specific places. I would choose my face first. I have been very thin in my lifetime, but I never cease to have what's known in my family as the "Roberts chin" (thanks Dad...). The next place I would lose would probably be the not so lovely 'love handles' that are there, much to my dismay...yes please make those go away.
On a totally different note, I like the new orangy color for my blog but I want to have headlines or titles, or whatever you call them...I'll have to figure out how to do that... I don't think there's much compelling reading here anyway so at least I don't have to worry about that, right? =)

 
Promote your blog for free.