OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Sunday, February 22, 2004


Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!

Ahh..a new format. I like it. It's very orange-y
Now if I can just find a way to get rid of the huge banner at the top....

I'm not sure what to think of The Hours. It was a very complex, serious, heavy film. The acting was superb...Nicole Kidman won an Academy Award for her role as Virginia Woolf...but it was almost as if the director was trying to convey something so strongly that the story or the characters got lost in it. I haven't figured it out yet. I think it's one of those films that you think about for a while.

I started what I hope will be a good book yesterday. It's called Lucky by Alice Sebold. It has some very graphic scenes in it about rape and assault...and it's autobiographical which makes it all the more chilling. I could only read a few chapters but it's interesting so I think I will try to read more. If it's anything like The Lovely Bones (which I still haven't finished...ugh), it should be good.

Time for bed...

 
Promote your blog for free.