OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Friday, January 23, 2004


Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!

What a day. It started out raining and it's now....still raining. Such is Washington 'liquid sunshine". I actually got out in the middle of it today. Had an appointment. I always like the ones that fall right in the middle of the day. It seems to make things flow a lot better and the day wraps up fast. The funniest thing about "downtown" Silverdale is they play music. It's kind of that ethereal, flowy, incence burning type music that they play in "new age" stores. "Downtown" Silverdale is comprised of about 3 blocks of buildings so it's kind of weird to call it a "downtown" but that's really what it is, just on a much smaller scale. All of the businesses there used to be houses that people lived in so it's kind of interesting.
On the way back I stopped at the Golden Star for some bbq pork (you know the pork with the red rim on the outside) with hot mustard. Here's a link to the reason chinese hot mustard makes your nose explode and your eyes run. Good for clearing out the sinuses though.
So tonight I'm thinking about making something with my hard won chicken stock that I so lovingly froze into little cubes this week. I haven't decided what yet. I'm hoping it'll come to me... maybe a risotto. It's cold and rainy...good risotto weather...
We're supposed to get snow this weekend. Great another storm comes along to stop the city dead in it's tracks. At least it's a weekend this time...

 
Promote your blog for free.