OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Tuesday, January 20, 2004


Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!

I've been greeted today by many people saying 'You sound terrible' 'Poor thing, you should be home in bed' and things like that. It's nice to know that people feel bad for me, but also slightly embarassing because I indeed feel like I should be home in bed instead of hacking and sneezing all over the place. Things haven't improved on the health front. In fact, I think I'm worse off today than yesterday. I cough and sound like a pack-a-day-for-fifty-years smoker. I can't breath at all through my left nostrile and my right one isn't far behind. I have a strange ringing in my ears. The doctor says I have an ear infection in my right ear. This is apparently also causing me to lose my balance and feel as if I've just gotten off of one of those rides that spin you around and around. It's not the best way to feel at work, but I'll go for martyrdom. My boss of course 'expects' me to be here since she was here with laryngitis a few weeks ago...all 3 days of it...and she didn't miss work then so neither should I apparently. I tried to come in late this morning so I could sleep in only to be met with 'Oh...well see you whenever you get here' which means 'You lazy twit, get your ass to work'. I should go sneeze on her keyboard...
My first duty as the point of contact for tracking software in our department was to try to determine when our meeting should be to discuss changes to it. No one cares when we have it, why should they? It's not as if we all have tight schedules and meetings every day. Other people didn't even bother to take the 2 minutes it takes to reply. Oh well. I tried. At any rate, my boss's boss said he thought it was a good email.
Today has been, thankfully, a very quiet day. I got my latest Mil Mailing-List Mail so that provided me with a lot of reading material.
It really sucks to not be able to taste anything. It takes all of the fun out of eating. Someone brought in chocolatey cupcakey things today but I couldn't taste them. I figured, why waste calories on something I can't taste? and threw it out. I should go eat some brussel sprouts or peas or something...

 
Promote your blog for free.