OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Friday, January 16, 2004


Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!

My day has been totally turned around. I got here and nothing was working so I couldn't do what I normally do (which is look at web sites and check email). Ok, it's not ALL I do, but when I'm not busy it's what I do. It sucks to break the workday routine like that. I had to leave for an appointment for an hour but came back feeling...the same...but I'm glad I went anyway. I think I'm coming down with a cold. I have that yucky sore throat kind of feeling in the back of my throat. I must have caught whatever my daugher had.
So what have I done? Not a thing really. It's Friday. It doesn't really seem like Friday though. More like a Wednesday or something. I messed around on the Internet a bit, you know, normal every day work stuff. =) I looked up what fennel looked like so I could buy it at the store (where they call it Anise which was confusing). I located the nearest GNC so I can go stock up on overpriced dietary supplements. Had to meet with my boss's boss about some work related shtuff. Looks like I may have a smallish promotion in the works. He said to think it over and talk to him on Monday. Basically I'd be doing the same thing as I do now, only I'd be a point of contact within my department for one of the software applications we use for tracking user problems. (are you bored yet?) yay me.
I had to pimp for people to buy Girl Scout cookies from my daughter. Some people bought as much as 9 boxes. They're only $3 a box so it seems like you're getting cheap cookies, when really you're not. Think about it, would you go to the store and buy $20 worth of cookies? Not likely. The Thin Mints though.....can't start eating those or I won't stop until the box is gone. That seems to be the general consensus among the cookie buyers. Everyone loves the Thin Mints. The are divine...especially if they've been frozen. As disorganized as my daughter's troop is, they seem to have it together for cookies.
One good thing happened today...I figured out how to get around the firewall to go to the JO site. =) Oh happy day. Sometimes it's the little things that can make you feel just a tiny bit better.

 
Promote your blog for free.