OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Day 6 of 12...

Today is the 6th day of the twelve days of Christmas...



No time to post much today. Must get cracking on my errands and stuff like that. Tonight we're going to Zoolights, which is a yearly tradition with my cousin and her son who is a year younger than E. It's the same display every year, but it's fun to trapse around in the cold and rain looking at Christmas lights...at least we've convinced ourselves of that. At any rate, it's a chance to catch up with my cousin since we don't get to see her very often.
After we brave the cold we are going to try to catch A Series Of Unfortunate Events. I've not read the books, but E has and she's really looking forward to seeing the movie. It's her last night in town so i thought it would be fun to do something just me and her. I like Jim Carrey so it shouldn't be too bad...maybe along the lines of How The Grinch Stole Christmas.
Last night I went to my friend's house for a sort of Christmas party. Unfortunately 3 of the families that were supposed to show, didn't...so it was just me and her and her daughter and her friend and her 2 sons. It turned out to be a good thing since her friend's kids were a bit...spirited. While the kids decorated gingerbread cookies, I decorated a cake. Here's what it looked like...




It's hard to make out but there is a snow angel next to the snow man and then footprints leading over to the pile of snow balls. Cheesy, I know, but I thought it was creative.

 
Promote your blog for free.