OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Day 5 of 12...

Today is the fifth day of the twelve days of Christmas...



bah dum dum dum...

I've nothing clever or witty to say...yet. Maybe something will come to me.
So if you're lonely, you know I'm here waiting for you. I'm just a crosshair. I'm just a shot away from you.
Ok, I stole the above from Franz Ferdinand, but as I said, I've not much to say today. Is anyone not quite feeling the Christmas spirit this year? I know I'm not. Could it be that I'm going to be quite all by myself from Sunday onwards until New Years Day? Could it be that I am working on Christmas Eve Day so as to not have to think about it being CHRISTMAS and I have NO WHERE TO GO?
Eh, maybe. I'd put my money on it.
It's not all pity party and sad sad. I mentioned that I will be all alone. My daughter is going to visit her father in Florida for her break from school. Normally I would be a little down about her leaving, but I have to say that right now she has been the very definition of tweenager and is, quite frankly, driving me bonkers. I overheard her father on the phone to her last night "you know, your mother wasn't really very rebellious when she was your age...but I can relate". Great, so now I am the "not understanding" parent. Well at least I didn't blow up a tree with a homemade grennade.
But I digress...
I'm sure this feeling will wear off after she's been gone for a day or two and then I'll be desperate for her to return home. Parenthood is funky like that...


 
Promote your blog for free.