OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

cough cough...cooouuuughhhhh....

What's it called when you cough so hard that you vomit? I've had this cold/virus thing for about 2 weeks and I can't seem to shake the seal-like barking cough that goes with it. It's not exactly the sexiest thing in the world...not that I'm trying to be sexy, but it's a bit inconvenient when I'm in a place when I really should be quiet (ballet, library, in bed asleep) or not hacking all over the place (bus, airplane, other forms of public transport). People at work have started calling me Typhoid Janelle.
So with all of that, plus a friendly little UTI, I decided it was time to visit the doctor before things really got out of hand. He gave me some antibiotics and cough syrup (with narcotics!) to help me sleep.
So I get my drugs from the pharmacy and the pharmacist says "It's a suspension, not a syrup..." and proceeds to go into big detail about the differences between the two and the side effects..."and I think it tastes like butterscotch"
we'll see about that...
After I left the pharmacy I opened the antibiotics to find 6 pills about the size of half my pinky. I would have to quarter these bad boys, half was still too big.
I finally got all of that sorted out so hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow. Thursday night it's the Deck the Hall Ball so i def. hope I'm not hacking all over everyone there. It's not cool to cover people with your germs at a concert.

whew what's up with me and the gross out posts lately? I gotta find some more appealing things to talk about...

 
Promote your blog for free.