OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Day 10 of 12...

Today is the tenth day of the twelve days of Christmas...



As you can now see, I've put a link to my moblog on my sidebar.

Babysitting last night was a lot of fun. I was a bit out of practice for a 2 year old and I found myself starting to worry about little things like "Ok, what do I do if she chokes or has an allergic reaction or my cat bites her...." etc. Thinking back to when my daughter was that age, I don't remember EVER getting that freaked out about things like that. I guess because it is someone else's kid makes a big difference. I couldn't get over how 180 degrees she was from my daughter. Where my daughter used to be all over the place running and getting into stuff, she was content to just sit on the couch quietly and eat her pretzels or watch a movie or look at the fish in my tank. She was the quietest 2 year old I have ever met. She showed some interest in the Christmas lights on my street so we put our coats on and went to look at them. She wanted me to lift her up so I did and was walking accross the street when my foot hit a bump, or some kind of hole and I fell FLAT on my face, still holding her, onto the curb. I held her up as I fell so that she wouldn't be hurt, but in doing this, I got the lovely bruise that you can now see in my sidebar...and twisted my ankle. At least she didn't get hurt. In fact, she was more interested in the Christmas lights than the fact that we had just fallen flat.

Also, here's a band that is new called Benchmark. They are kind of acoustic/folksy/pop-y sounding. At the very least, they have a spiffy looking web site.

 
Promote your blog for free.