OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Bring on the January!

Well I didn't quite make it back to update did I...eh...oh well.
I'm soooo done with Christmas. I didn't decorate this year so I don't have to go through the tedious task of un-decorating, so now I'm just waiting for it to be Saturday, January 1. E will be home on that day which is good enough in itself but it also marks the final month of waiting for Jeff to come home. (yay!) Where did the months go?? What happened to all of the time I had?
It always seems to go that way with deployments. I start out thinking it's going to be SO_LONG and then before you know it everything catches up to you and you wonder what happened to it all. It'll be good to have him back. My list of "honey-do's" has gotten rather large. It's not like I'm not perfectly capable of doing them, but I had to save him some of the fun things like painting and mowing and fixing.
This year our family had 3 Christmas parties, which isn't that unusual except that this year they were 3 days in a row. Eve was spent at Uncle Bud's house, as is the tradition every year, with my cousins. Day was spent doing (MORE!) baking and getting various other things ready to take to my sisters for dinner which consisted of ham log (ham that's been formed into a log-like shape...weird, yet tasty), twice baked potatoes, green salad with mandarins, garlic roasted asparagus, and rolls. All was very yummy of course.
I am going to post pics of the cake I made for the 3rd Christmas party when I have access to a USB cable that actually fits my camera. Why can't the stupid things be standardized??

 
Promote your blog for free.