OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Monday, November 15, 2004

Now with creamy random-filled center!

I just cancelled a huge print job (maybe 250 pages or so), but before I threw it all away, I stuck my icy cold hands into the center of it. It was almost too hot to touch, but deliciously warm. It immediatly spread and warmed the rest of me up. I don't know what it is, but when my feet or hands are cold, the rest of me stays cold too...weird.

This weekend was utter laze fest. I'm feeling totally unmotivated to do anything that I have on my "list of things to do before husband returns" so I decided that the best solution to that was to...lay on the couch and watch tv. It was good though, I got a chance to mess around with the new laptop and catch up on my Tivo stuff. It's hard to remember the days before Tivo. How did I manage to watch the things I wanted to watch? I couldn't "pause live TV" and go to the other room. I couldn't set it up to record everything on TV that has to do with Jamie Oliver! (that alone makes the whole thing worthwile)

Thankfully, hardly anyone from work knew this blog was mentioned in the paper. HA! They won't be able to see all the things I've written about them. I plead the 5th of course.
I'm starting to think that perhaps someone should do an interview of people who read blogs rather than people who write them. What motivates people to read the thoughts/rantings/bad and good writings of total strangers, given the fact that most of them (me!) write about utter and complete rubbish? I guess it's finding the profound in the mundane. I think most bloggers would say something like "I'm not here for you, I'm here for me". Well I know that's what I would say...
Everyone wants to find someone to connect with and have things in common with. Everyone wants to know they're not the only one; they're not alone. I think BECAUSE of the mundane and everyday things, written in some blogs by Joe Everyman or Jane Anywoman, it just helps others know that everything will be ok.
But, I could be wrong.

Tonight I have another cake decorating class. Last week I made two tiny little cakes for my neices who just turned one. I'll post some pics soon...they were adorable. Already their little personalities are forming. Zoe, digging wholeheartedly with gusto into her cake, while Gabriella nibbled daintily and sort of grimaced when the sticky frosting got between her fingers. We were like the paparazzi...15 adults gathered around giggling and snapping pictures of the little ones as they tucked into their individual cakes. I'll be sad to move away and miss all of the growing up they will be doing.

 
Promote your blog for free.