OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Crazy cat lady

So I was reading Gooch's blog today and he was commenting on an ex-relationship he had with a girl who had bunnies and talked about them...all the time.

I realized it wasn't too far off from the way I am about my cats.I have 2 of them, Callie and Vader. I've had them since they were kittens. I seriously consider them to be a little like my children and I talk to them...no really, I talk to them and they talk to me. Hey, wait where are you going?

hehe
I know it seems silly to talk to animals, but I am the only mother they have known! They follow me around the house and curl up with me at night and sit with me when I watch tv or when I'm on my computer or just in the loo. They tell me when they want to come in from outside, when they are hungry, when they need attention. How can I just ignore them??

I'm not as bad as I used to be. I used to make them have little voices, because who can't look at a cat like this and not think they are thinking something??

Or when Callie sits on my nightstand and pushes stuff off of it with her little paw....how can you not say that she's just trying to get attention or trying to have a little fun?

Or when Vader comes up and meow meow meow's until I follow her to her food dish to get her some food? Or when I used to go to work and come back and all of my daughter's little stuffed animals are all on the floor in a little circle...sort of like Vader was playing school while I was at work! I used to always say that while I was gone my cats did little skits or sang songs or something because I would come home and there would be stuff everywhere. But hey, kitties have to play too!

So, all of this got me thinking...Am I like that? Do I annoy people by talking about my cats all the time? Do people think I'm some kind of crazy cat person who's going to end up living until I'm 103 with no less than 27 cats? My husband doesn't really like them. In fact, he barely tolerates them. When they come up to lay in his lap, he throws them on the floor and how do I react? WHAT ARE YOU DOING! HOW COULD YOU THROW THEM ON THE FLOOR! I tell him that if I had to choose between my cats and him then it would be a VERY VERY hard decision!

 
Promote your blog for free.