OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Monday, December 29, 2003


Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!

I'm BACK! The trip was great...cold...but great (...Doh!). I'm happy to report that my daughter learned to ski in 2 lessons. By the end of the 2nd day, she was going down the hill by herself with no help and she wasn't falling. It took me a whole winter to learn how to do that and she's done it in a weekend! She loved it and is ready to head back. I didn't fall all weekend which isn't saying anything since I didn't leave the beginner run all weekend...I def. need to get up to the higher runs next time. It's hard when you're with a bunch of beginners though. =) One thing I will do next time is get some boots that fit before heading up there. I wasted too much time trying to get boots that didn't make my feet go numb...
So we're counting down the days til the end of the year (sigh). This year has been so....well there are a lot of words that could describe this year, but I'll just stick with varied.
I am thinking of the things I am thankful for at the end of the year. It seems that I should be thankful that I am alive. The 20,000+ people in Iran that were killed by the earthquake were not as lucky as I am. It's almost unthinkable that something as tragic as that can happen in the modern world, but it did. Here's a quote from the article in the NY Times, "The houses had steel in them but they were not designed to withstand earthquakes," said Maheri Alizadeh, 52, who lost 50 relatives"
Fifty relatives! I don't even think I have 50 relatives (ok maybe...) but damn, that's just amazing.. and not in a good way... I'm not going to say anything lame like 'my heart goes out to all of the familes' blah blah blah because not only is it corny and cliched, but I'm sure none of the Iranian people care what anyone in America thinks about their tragedy. True, I am reflective when things like this happen...but I think most Americans have the 'that won't happen to me' type of mentality. Sad, but true.
OK, Enough of that...

 
Promote your blog for free.