OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Wednesday, December 24, 2003


Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!

Mahigayang Pasko!

There's a Phillipino woman who works in my office. She's hard to understand but I always gossip with her about the other person I work with. She has tried to teach me some of her language, tagalog (pronounced tah-GA-log). I always like to learn words in different languages. The only language I can less than half way read/understand is Spanish...and even that's a stretch. This woman knows her own (of course), japanese, spanish, and english. It's really amazing if you think about it because none of those languages are that similar. Maybe span and eng...but japanese with all of those characters to memorize...yikes.
Anyway, I can say how are you, good morning, i love you, sick, food, lunch, and banana. Not very usefull if I was ever to travel to that country unfortuanetly. I couldn't even ask for the bathroom...

On a different note, I went and bought ski stuff last night and spent a small fortune. Why is it that in order to do something fun you have to drop a load of money in order to enjoy yourself? Sure I could go get cheapo ski equipment/gear but then I would be cold and wet and miserable. Another bad thing is that I'm a big fat person so it was nearly impossible to find things in my size. I just hope I don't get snow down my pants like last time. It's not that I'm grotesquely obese or anything, but I am a big girl. I'm tall for one thing (5 ft 7 and a half is tall for a girl, right?) and it's hard enough to find jackets and things that fit all the way down to the cuff but then I'm about 100 lbs. overweight so that makes it really really hard to find regular clothes that fit me properly let alone ski clothes. I ended up getting all of the things I need though and hopefully getting out there will actually be kind of fun and I'll get some exercise. I thought about starting some kind of exercise regimen in order to get myself ready but I really didn't have the motivation. I'm sure something will happen to me this trip that will be motivation enough. At the very least I had better go skiing more than once this season. Last time we went skiing was 2 years ago and we only went once...but it's so expensive!! ughh.. I'll have to take some pictures and post them (if i can EVER figure out how to post a picture with Blogger...)

p.s. (look at all of those damn ....'s!! I'm getting better but I still need to work on it.... (grrr)

 
Promote your blog for free.