OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Just a girl...

This morning a man came into our office asking how to dispose of his old PC. I started to take his name when he saw some of the network engineers in the back and said "Nevermind, I'll go talk to them, they will know." as if to say "you silly female, you can't possibly help me, I'll go talk to some men because men always know what to do..." Um. Fine, JACKASS. I didn't want to help you anyway.
I'm PMS'ing and I know I'm overreacting, but things like that REALLY get under my skin.
***********************
Yesterday was a landmark day. I deleted my Jamie Oliver voice mail...on purpose! It's not from him, per se, but rather it's him talking while giving an interview last year at the book signing I attended in Seattle. I know, I'm pathetic, but I have had this voice mail for almost a year so I was a little sad to get rid of it. Jeff will be happy though...
***********************
I'm starting to feel the crunch as the date of our move gets closer. In about 4 months I will be in the midst of packing up my stuff and moving 3000 miles to the other side of the country. I've done that in the past, but I've always had more time to prepare. Unfortunately the Navy doesn't care if I'm prepared or not. The good thing about moving though is that finally, after 3 years, we will have a "normal" family. What a novel idea! And hey, instead of being a single parent for months on end and having to go through all of the adjustments of Jeff having to go out to sea all of the time, it'll be like we are a REAL LIVE family with soccer games and after school activities and doctor's appointments and house work and home improvement projects! I can have a CLEAN HOUSE and help my daughter with her homework and make dinner for everyone. You know, the kind that we eat every night, at the same time, around a table.
Don't I just sound like Betty Fucking Crocker...

 
Promote your blog for free.