OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Sunday, January 16, 2005

I laughed, I cried, I bought some candles...

That sort of sums up my weekend.

I've had a really shitty week, to be honest, mostly because of the extension but also because my daughter has been driving me mad. To say the least, I'm glad it's over.
What really bothers me is I never really know what's going to upset me. I've had more than a few "mini breakdowns" this week where I sort of just fall to pieces for a few minutes, but then once it's out of my system, I'm fine.
I think the thing that bothers me most about this whole thing is not necessarily the fact that I have to wait longer to see my husband (we've done the 10 month deployment...this isn't that bad). It's the frustration of not only not knowing when he is coming home (or even when they're going to make a decision about when they're coming home) but also not being able to do a damn thing to change it. I know Jeff feels the same way and is just as frustrated and mad as I am, which is itself also frustrating because the only way we can communicate that with each other is over email and I really have a sense of not being able to help him or "be there" for him. I think email has really spoiled us. I don't know how people managed before it.
To try to get myself out of this funk, I went to a PartyLite party. It's the equivalent of a Tupperware party, but with candle paraphernalia instead. I managed to get out of there with just a candle that matches my bedspread; a first for me.

Oh, and I can't remember what I laughed about. I'm sure it'll come to me...eventually

 
Promote your blog for free.