OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Monday, January 31, 2005

It was the shortest longest weekend ever

And now for the REAL post I was going to make today...

My living room/dining room are now a lovely shade of Cincinnatian Hotel Taupe. Painting is a big pain. I never want to do it again. It's funny how easily I forget that I say that every time I paint something.
***********************
This weekend I had Greek Pizza. Here's the recipe:
1 can of refrigerated pizza dough (unless you feel like making your own...)
1/2 cup of pesto
2 grilled chicken breasts, shredded
1/2 cup of red onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup of calamata olives, pitted and chopped
1/2 cup of marinated mushrooms
10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
3/4 cup of feta cheese, crumbled

Spread the dough out onto a pizza stone or a cookie sheet. Layer the ingredients starting with the pesto and ending with the cheese. Bake at 350 until crust is GBD (golden brown and delicious).
***********************
I ate the above at an impromptu "dinner party" with a couple of my friends. T and I are going to make a cake for an upcoming "adult" party that she is hosting at her house. Since this is a PG rated site (ok sometimes rated R, but still...) I'll just give you a link instead of the picture. Go ahead and look, I'll wait...

naughty cake

This cake decorating thing is addicting I tell you. You start out with a nice round cake with flowers and swirly things all over and before you know it you're making cakes that look like a man who is whacking the spam javelin.
***********************
I sent a sappy card to my husband for Valentine's Day. It's sad because I'm almost embarassed. I don't send sappy cards. I make fun of people who sent cards with curly fonts and people walking hand in hand on a beach. So why on earth did I decide to do it?? Deployments do funny things to people. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
***********************
I think I will paint flames onto my stand mixer. Sort of like this...but white.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
(pic courtesy of AB)
***********************

 
Promote your blog for free.