OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Monday, October 25, 2004

Retail therapy

Yesterday I spent 5 hours at Ikea, the world's place to get cheap, but trendy furniture. Nearly 10,000 people also thought this would be a good idea so we all spent the afternoon running into each other and saying "pardon me" and "excuse me".
I really like this lamp I got though.

and this one too...


I got these plus a couple of tables and other various household items. One of the problems with visiting Ikea is that...I want everything in the stupid store. They have little miniature living rooms and kitchens and they make everything look bigger than it actually is. Why is it that they have room to spare for a family of 3 in 632 square feet of space and I 'm struggling to make my family of 3 fit into 967 square feet? stuff fit. I want a loft bed (so i can put my puter desk UNDER it..BRILLIANT...plus it's always better to sleep in the top bunk isn't it?), and one of those comfy POÄNG chairs, and a new closet system, and new kitchen cabinets, and...and...and...I don't need any of it really. Just like I don't need a new laptop. Does that mean I'm not going to buy one? Of course not...


 
Promote your blog for free.