OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Top 5...err 4

Taking a queue from Sloth, I decided I would post my own version of the Top 5 4 movies that are utter crap. (I could only think of 4...)

1. Armegeddon - I dislike when movie makers feel the need to dumb things down for the audience. The scientist guy explains how big the astroid is and, just in case we weren't paying attention, they have to throw in "It's the size of Texas, Mr. President". Although, this probably isn't too far off of what they would say to our current president to make sure he understood what was happening. At least "the size of Texas" is something he is familiar with...
2. Down With Love - This was one of the movie options on my last trans-atlantic flight. I'm a huge Ewan McGregor fan, but he really needs to work on his American southern accent. It was painful. (ditto his accent in Big Fish, though that movie was ok.)
3. Vanilla Sky - Too confusing, too much "oh look at the symbolism", too much hidden/double meaning.
4. Any Austin Powers movie - This isn't a very popular opinion. Everyone seems to love these movies. I rented the first one and fell ASLEEP within the first 15 minutes. Maybe the humor is lost on me. Mike Myers is kind of a funny guy, but I just didn't think any of these movies were worth more than a chuckle or two. Even the funniest of funnies loses it's funny after 3 movies.

 
Promote your blog for free.