OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Friday, June 18, 2004

RIP Diane

Yesterday when I got home from work my daughter said "How come Diane is swimming that way?"
I looked and Diane was kind of upside-down in between some of the plants in the tank...yep she's dead. My daughter did the scoop and flush and we said a little prayer as she went swirling around the bowl.
Diane was a good fish. She was an independent fish, having killed off two of the male partners I had brought in for her, and she knew what she wanted. She was easily the largest fish in the tank and she didn't let anyone push her around. Cosmo, Pinky, and the Jackson 5 minus 1 all knew where they stood and they kept their distance from Diane. She was also a smart fish. She knew that when the top of the aquarium was open, there was a good chance that the food was coming so she would kind of hover near the surface keeping a look out. She was also very athletic. She did laps around the tank to keep in shape. She was often seen splashing around the top of the water as she did this.
I don't know how she died. I think the water in my tank is probably not of the best quality so that may have something to do with it. I took all of the plants and rocks out today in order to clean them before I put them back in. I have heard that putting them in the dishwasher with no soap cleans all of the nasty off of the plants...so that's exactly what I did. I think Diane would have wanted it that way...

Vaya con dios Diane...


 
Promote your blog for free.