OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Wednesday, March 10, 2004


Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!

I am very sad to report the first of my fish has died. Jack was a Marigold Swordtail and you're supposed to keep them in male/female pairs. So I got him and his partner Diane so that they could be happy and maybe have babies or something cool like that. Yesterday when I got home from work, Jack wasn't looking too good. The "sword" part of his tail was completely gone along with part of his tail fin. I was thinking the likely suspect was Diane because the other inhabitants looked really innocent...and besides they are really too small; Jack was kinda big compared to them. I kept an eye on him throughout the evening and he was kind of hovering in the corner doing his little fish thing. He looked scared...and kinda paranoid. I knew something was up but I didn't know what to do to help him. I went to the pet store to ask them what they thought might have happened and they said that Jack was probably sick when I got him and that's why Diane started picking on him. They said if he didn't make it they would replace him for free which I thought was kinda cool. So I went home and he was still kinda sitting there, behind the big rock this time, just hovering and not doing much...he was definitely watching his back though. I fed them and he seemed to just get the food that happened to float by his mouth.
When I got up this morning, I found him kind of laying on his side in the corner. His little mouth wasn't moving anymore and his little fins weren't um...finning anymore so I knew he was likely a flush candidate. I said a little prayer and had a moment of silence for him...
So now I will need to go get a bigger fish from the store that can take care of himself. Someone has to stand up to Diane and her basic instinct ways...
Maybe I'll name the new fish Dodi...
I finally found a picture of what my white/pink fish looks like. She (I think it's a she...) is an Albino Cory. I haven't figured out what to call her yet...still working on that one.
I also found a pic of my African Dwarf frog. I named him Cosmo. He is darker than the frogs in these pics, but you get the general idea. He's very friendly. Whenever I come up to the tank, he always comes over to look at me. I hope nothing happens to him...

 
Promote your blog for free.