OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Friday, February 27, 2004


Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!

I must say that I think Thai food is superb. Last night we went to a restaurant where the tables you sit at are in booths with little pillows on the benches. You're supposed to take off your shoes (which would have made getting into and out of the booth a LOT easier) but neither my sister or I did that. We had a good meal which included chicken satay, pickled cucumbers, hot and sour prawn soup (called Tom Yum Goong...we laughed at the names...kinda hard to pronounce), chicken cooked with coconut milk, curry, and garlic, and beef cooked with green beans, onions, and a basil sauce. It was all fantastic. Some of it didn't seem that hard to make if I just knew what was in them and how it was cooked, but I guess that's the secret, isn't it?
Anyway, it was good food and good conversation...interesting to say the least...she was a little disappointed that the wine they brought us came in teeny tiny glasses and that hers was almost empty by the time dinner arrived. (Who's fault is that I might ask?)

 
Promote your blog for free.