OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Monday, December 06, 2004

Post-hangunder/gross bug story

I am feeling a little better after Friday night's mischief. Unfortunately, getting carded for alcohol doesn't mean that you won't feel it's effects proportionate to the number of years you are over 21 (8 in my case). Luckily it's a rare thing for me. I like to go out, have a few, get a little tipsy, but I usually draw the line there. On Friday, I was so far away from the line, the line was a dot to me.
I really need to stop with the Friends references...

Tonight is the next installment in my quest for pastry embellishment...yep another cake decorating class. More complicated this time but hopefully just as fun. Anybody want a cake? I need some practice.

Weird dream last night consisted of this huge lady bug that kept trying to crawl all over me. It was about the size of my hand so you can imagine that might be a little disconcerting. The following is pretty gross so if you're squeamish, skip to the next paragraph...In my dream, I had fallen asleep and when I woke up I had these bumps on my hip that were about the size of M&M's. When I pulled on one of them, it came off and underneath I could see a black pod about the size of a sunflower seed...I squeezed the surrounding skin and it popped out where I could see that it was a baby lady bug. You see, the huge lady bug had laid her eggs or something on my skin and they burrowed in sort of like a tick or something. It was quite disgusting, but strangely, didn't hurt. After I had cleared my skin of these horrid bugs, I found the lady bug laughing at me so I did what any human would when something much much smaller annoys her...I stepped on her.
Perhaps I ate something bad before going to sleep or maybe it's another side effect from my hangover. At any rate, I couldn't shake the feeling of things crawling on me this morning as I got ready for work.....yuuukkk

I have installed some nifty software on my work computer that is supposed to prevent RSI's (repetative stress injuries). Every 15 minutes or so it promps me to take a Micropause which it defines as a break in which you put your arms at your sides, close your eyes and relax for about 15 seconds. I'm not sure what good this is supposed to do, but it is fun to take breaks that often. Since I've started doing this, I've discovered that I can sleep for short periods of time while sitting at my desk. I close my eyes and lean back in my chair, but scoot it all the way in so it doesn't look like I'm leaning back in my chair. Occasionally my head will nod a bit but I've perfected it so that from the back it looks like I'm reading my screen...when I'm actually catching some zzz's. It beats napping in the loo...









 
Promote your blog for free.