OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Monday, August 16, 2004

Bad Hair Day

Today it's yuck weather here in my neck of the woods. It's a welcome change from the hot we've had recently but it doesn't do much for my hair. As a result I have a headful of orange frizz in place of my normal hair...I need to invest in some anti-weather hair products. Does anyone have a suggestion?
This weekend, instead of my daughter coming home on Saturday, she came home on Sunday. It had nothing to do with the hurricane and everything to do with not being in the right place at the right time.
What can I say...I just don't have anything interesting to write about. I'm considering changing my format to be a no holds barred/tell all/expose/tabloid type thing...but I'm undecided on that. I think "real" things are more interesting than made up things in general and a lot of times real life is better than fiction (as seems to be the case in my life anyway). Meditate on this I will.
Which brings me to..
STAR WARS
Ok I've been seriously slacking on my online gaming (David can attest to this, he's probably a Jedi Master already or something where as I'm not even a Master anything yet...). I need to do some more grinding. If only I would get sick again! This paragraph really makes me sound like the geek that I am. I'm not ashamed though. I'm proud of my geekiness.
This leads me to something I was thinking about the other night in the shower while I was making a giant mohawk with my shampoo. There is a difference in the definitions of "geek", "dork", "dweeb", and "nerd". I believe all of them are very different. I would never classify myself as a nerd...I'm not unattractive or single-minded enough (and now I sound conceited too...eh, oh well). I'm definitely cooler than a dweeb and I'm not clumsy or unfortunate enough to really be a dork (the first definition, not the second). No, I think I'm definitely a geek, according to the "coolkidz dictionary" Whoever said that those definitions were absolute? And how elitist is that to call yourself a "cool kid". I think the very fact that someone bothered to define these things makes them very un-cool, don't you think? Google has a pleathora of definitions. Their definitions seems to revolve around computer related things but I think a geek could be really into dinosaurs (Ross from Friends?) or some other kind of science-y techno-y thing. I think this site sums it up the best. Yep "self-deprecation and pride"; I think that pretty much sums it up.

 
Promote your blog for free.