OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Monday, August 09, 2004

so what did you do this weekend?

I'm exhausted from this weekend. I'm not entirely sure that I did enough to qualify for 'exhausted', but that's neither here nor there.
Saturday, had the State softball tournament to go to but could only play one game because there was a rain delay and I had places to be. We lost the first game but it's a double elimination tournament with a 3 game guarantee so we simply went to the loser's bracket.
Saturday night, went to hang out with Susan, David, Nicole, and Susan's sister Theresa and her Huge Ass Dog, Pheobe. We sat out in the yard in front of their apartments. They drank but I was feeling broke (as in no money) and had to get up really early so I did not partake. Here are some pics.

susan and david

chinese lanterns

gracy has her port and starboard lights on
I didn't get home until 1am and still had to marinate chicken (recipe is in the previous post) for the BBQ thing on Sunday so I didn't get to sleep until about 2:30...ughhh
Sunday I woke up late (surprise) and barely made it to my first softball game. We played a good game, although I only got a couple of decent hits. I just wasn't playing well this weekend for some reason. We won the first game and during the 2nd game, playing 3rd like I had been for a while, a fast grounder was hit my way. I moved to scoop it up and didn't quite have my glove low enough (I was anticipating it dropping and bouncing up). Instead it hit the inside of my foot and left me with this...

lovely isn't it...and painful, but I'll live. I'm a softball chick ffs, I can live with a few bumps and bruises. I'm also a wuss so I will complain about said bumps and bruises like a little girl. heh
I had to leave the 3rd game after about the 3rd inning so I could make it out to my mom's for the BBQ. It was a nice day, but too hot and the shirt I chose was the kind that falls open when you lean over...not very convenient when you are playing with babies who love to play on the grass. So my entire family got a peek down my shirt all day, oh well, nothing much to see.
I was feeling really rough by about 8pm so I decided to do my part in the cleaning up and call it a night. I did have a very nice bath when I got home. I have some really cool things from Lush that smell good and are nice if you just want to sit there and soak for a bit. I feel much less achy today because of that.
So that's about it. What about you?

 
Promote your blog for free.