OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Monday, July 26, 2004

Fixing myself

Today I made an appointment to get my spine adjusted. I used to go to a chiropractor a lot about a year ago because I had something called forward head posture from sitting in front of a computer for 8+ hours a day. This caused headaches as well as tingling in my arms and fingers. The way I held my head apparently put pressure on the nerves that run down my arms. They successfully fixed that but now I require regular "maintenance" so that my bones don't go back to the way they were before. I don't mind it though because it is always a relief to be readjusted. It feels kind of like there is a spring that is wound too tight in my neck and back and they unwind it by adjusting me.
In reading mimi smartypants, I found out that I am not the only one who partakes in this type of "unconventional" therapy. Based on her suggestion, I definitely want to try craniosacral therapy. It sounds divine. I have a thing for that kind of relaxation...I'm not very ticklish so it sounds like it's something that would be very soothing to me. When I was a little girl and I had trouble falling asleep my mom would soothe me to sleep by gently rubbing my back...just a very light touch, not really rubbing like massaging, it was almost a tickle. A couple of minutes of that and I'm out like a light. =) (it still works to this day...)
So now, what are the chances of finding someone in Bremerton who does this craniosacral therapy thing?

 
Promote your blog for free.