OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Warm fuzzy

Julie made a post today about how everyone has a story. She had been talking about family planning and wanting to know why some women chose to parent children and how they made it through everything etc. If you ask me, I haven't even gotten to the tough years yet...E's not a teenager so I'm sure that's bound to be harder than anything that's happened yet, single mom and all.
Anyway, I was rather, for lack of a better word, chuffed, that she made a reference to my blog in this particular post. The thought that anyone would actually like something that came from my brain is very cool. Her and I had had a dialogue where she asked me who helped me out in my early days of motherhood and through the years of single motherhood that I experienced. Plain and simple, I did it because that's what needed to be done at the time and the help I received from my parents and close friends proved to be absolutely essential.
I don't regret anything that has happened to me. You can't look back at something that so majorly affects your life and say "I wish I would have done it differently". If you had, then you wouldn't be the person you are today. Maybe that's a good thing in some cases, in fact I know it is, but I think all things happen for a reason.

 
Promote your blog for free.