OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Old People Shouldn't Drive

I saw a link on David's blog to this article. There are a pleathora of articles on this topic. I was just thinking about this this morning when I was behind a woman (elderly) who could barely see over the steering wheel and of course she had the biggest boat of a car that you can imagine.
I had to stop in the middle of the road so that she could maneuver her yacht into the parking lot (of which I was about to enter) then I had to stop again while she tried to park the stupid thing.
I think there should be a yearly test required when people retire. If they don't pass the test, they have to turn in the keys to their gas guzzling tanks. It would make the roads that much safer.
I have noticed that a lot of these older drivers try to use that "I'm going to teach you a lesson" way of driving. I have been behind more than one older person who apparently thought I wasn't paying attention or something and took it upon themselves to brake-check me several times forcing me to slam on brakes. A man did this at a stop light one time. I looked up and he was looking at me in his rear-view mirror and did the "tsk-tsk" finger at me. Instead of getting mad, I made kissy faces and obscene gestures at him. heh
OK...I admit, a little immature, but at least he didn't bother me after that. =)

 
Promote your blog for free.