OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

I Drank Rancid Milk

I just drank, not one, but 2 huge gulps of bad milk. This is what I get for running out of milk at home...where I can properly monitor it's state and take necessary steps to keep from pouring chunky goo all over my Cheerios.
You see, I had to get milk from the cafeteria here at work today because, as I said, I had run out at home. This is all part of my morning breakfast ritual. I don't really eat breakfast, you see. I drink it. I'm never hungry enough that early in the morning to eat eggs or toast or even cold cereal so I usually drink an Instant Breakfast. (I prefer the chocolate flavor but today I had vanilla.) So I went to get the individial cartons of skim and 2%(because together they make 1% milk...which I normally drink...). I poured them together into my cup and mixed in the vanilla-y powder. My tummy was a little rumbly by then so I took a huge gulp and swallowed....hmmm that tastes a little funny. I then took another swig and it was then that I knew...ughhhhhh I made awful noises...ughhhh! yuck! blaeeeeeeehhhhhh! I quickly poured my breakfast down the drain and tried, in vain, to wash the rancid milk taste from my mouth...all the while trying not to hurl. It was disgusting. Luckily someone was kind enough to bring chocolate cake into work today so I grabbed a couple of pieces of that to try to hide the taste that was clinging to my tongue.
I can still taste it actually, but I'm trying very hard not to think about it...

I intend to get my money back for this. Or maybe I will get some kind of illness and I can sue the hospital for selling rancid milk....

 
Promote your blog for free.