OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

News of the weird (and grotesque)

Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to lose an eyeball?*
Here's an article about a woman who knows exactly what it feels like. I didn't read the whole article...I think I've had enough vomit-inducing things happen to me today... This is just another reason that I would never have surgery unless my life depended on it... You just never know who you are entrusting your life and body to.

I have a thing about eyes. I can wear contact lenses no problem but I can't watch or hear about any kind of eye surgery without wanting to gag. I don't know what it is. I had to walk out of a theatre when I went to see that movie At First Sight for fear of grossing out my fellow moviegoers with my wretching. I had to stop my mom half way through while she told me about her Lasik surgery...I stopped her when she said "cut a flap in my cornea..." Yes folks, I can dissect cat brains (like in 11th grade A&P) but I can't hear about eye surgery.

*This reminds me...my daughter came out with this the other day...."Mommy, what would happen if your eye came out?".....

 
Promote your blog for free.