OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Thursday, May 06, 2004

Kids say the darndest things don't they?

I was in the check-out line at the store the other day with my daughter who was busy looking at the tabloid headlines. Here's how the conversation went:
E: "Mommy who is Mary?"
me: "who??"
E: "who's Mary?"
me: "you mean Mary, mother of Jesus, Mary?"
E: "oh yeah..."
a few moments later...
E: "well why was she at a JCPenney in South Florida? Did she need to buy an outfit?"
me: (laughing hysterically...) "where did you read that?"
E: "it was on one of those magazines..."

hehe I had a really good laugh at that...had to explain that you can't believe everything you read in tabloids yada yada. It was truly the funniest thing I had heard in a while...
Then yesterday I was getting dressed and was trying on different shoes to see which heels I wanted to wear that day.
In walks my daughter...
E: "what are you doing?"
me: "trying to see which shoes look the best..."
E: "but why do you want to be high?"

I didn't know what to say to that... I couldn't correct her and say "tall, not high" because I was laughing too much.
She asks a good question though...Why do I want to be high? Why does anyone want to be high? hehehe That still makes me giggle. My daughter has the sweetest little voice, even though she's 10. She always sounds so innocent and sweet (well almost always). It's the funniest thing sometimes though...

 
Promote your blog for free.