OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Thursday, May 06, 2004

WTF???

I was reading a message board today for mothers of pre-teen girls and the topic of when to buy them a bra came up.
Reading some of the posts, it's a wonder the young girls of America can have any self-esteem at all!
Here is a sampling...

"what worked for our girl is showing her examples of what happens to breasts that are not supported... sagging, wrinkly, stretch marks (she may have some already if she is developing fast) if she doesn't want these things to happen to her she better have support in mind anytime she is active or upright"

"My daughter is 11 1/2 and desparately needs to wear one yet refuses. I have tried everything, talking, yelling, being nice, being mean and finally she is grounded right now from everything."

"Use this line-it always works-"Don't you want to look good for the boys? No man will want you if your breasts sag!" No girl wants to be told the boys won't want her!"


AND when someone spoke up and said that the comments were degrading and that girls don't need to live to please boys, the original poster replied with:

"Wow. You have obviously been influenced by feminazi lies...It is our job to dress sexy, flirt, and act dumb so that men will want to have sex with us. Wearing a bra is the first step to accepting our lot in life."

My jaw literally dropped when I read this idiot's post! I felt a little flame flare up inside of me and had to post a reply...I am not one to keep my opinions to myself.
So, all you scientists out there researching the epidemic of low self-esteem, eating disorders, and obesity plaguing this country...look no further for a major cause of some of it!

 
Promote your blog for free.