OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Tuesday, December 30, 2003


Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!

Ahhh another boring day at work. The highlight of today was going to lunch and waiting 45 minutes for them to make a stupid pastrami sandwich. A couple of cops came in after us and got their orders within minutes...but I had to wait for 45 minuts to get a stinkin pastrami sandwich with only cheese and mustard. To compensate for this one of the girls from behind the counter and offered me free cheesecake. Doesn't she know about my new year's resolution?? Of course I had to take it else I look like the asshole customer who had to wait and refused the 'apology' cheesecake... grrrrr.
It's supposed to snow tonight. I hope so. I'm ready for snow. Lots of it.
On another note..do you ever hate the way people talk? Not just words they use, but the actual sound of their voice? There are 2 people I work with whose voices I cannot stand. One is the wo/man who works on call. Not only does she/he not know when to shut up but her/his voice sounds like he/she has a wad of....something....(fat?) stuck in the back of her/his thrat. I say her/his because this person is tall (about 5 ft 10), fat around the middle...small "breasts" so her/his gut sticks out farther..has extremely short hair and has been in the Navy. Now I think this description could fit a guy or a girl dont you think? Then there's the closet heavy smoker who sits next to me. His voice is sometimes tolerable (but he is alas another one of those people who does not know when to shut the fuck up about things...), but if he's had anything to eat, suddenly he sounds like he hasn't had anything to drink in 3 years..you know that smacky, pasty, sticky sound that some people's voices sound like when they're eating?? it's GrOsS! Maybe it's just me, but it gives me the creeps. Then again the guy I work with gives me the creeps PERIOD...end of story...but that's another post...
I have to talk to a lot of people with irritating voices...it's that whole phone tech support thing...and there's not really much you can do about it. It's not like I can hang up on them....

 
Promote your blog for free.