OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

He's back

I've been away. Sorry about that. It's been a busy 2 weeks.
Calls were made, elaborate plans were made, none of them panned out the way I wanted them too and we still had a great homecoming (that's what it's called when sailors come back from being deployed...homecoming).
Last week was a whirlwind of activity with cleaning, baking, sugaring(but that's another post), and lots of other "ing's". On Thursday night, E and I travelled to Everett to wait for the big day. After a lot of unplanned events, everyone else was in bed by 10pm so me and E watched a movie in our room and I soaked my feet.
Every time the ship comes back I get a picture in my mind of what it will be like when I see him for the first time in months. I don't know if everyone does this, but I get a little picture in my head (no, I don't picture the lame sappy thing where we run towards each other with outstretched arms...). I can see the people around us but once I see him it's like things move in slow motion and we just grin and put an extra speed in our step and once we meet it's like a movie where there's music playing and we kiss for a long time...blah blah blah. Of course it never happens that way. He inevitably has duty on the day they pull-in where he has to stay on the ship or he'll have the last watch where he has to shut everything down (that's what happened this time). Because of this he's gotten out of wearing his dress uniform just about every time. He gets off the ship, there are so many people that I don't see him until he's practically right in front of me, we can't stop in the middle of the rush of people so I get a big hug for a few seconds and then we have to keep moving.
We did hold hands though...

It's absolutely great having him back. Going from basically being a single parent to being a whole family can be tricky. I'm still trying to get it in my head that I can actually share some of the everyday stuff with him again. I'm adjusting to having another person in my bed again.
The idea of being able to have sex whenever I wan't isn't a bad thing either. ;)

 
Promote your blog for free.