OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Hair emergency! (?)

So I'm dying my hair last night I've been meaning to do it for several weeks, just haven't had a chance. I took the advice of my hair stylist and did the underneath layers this time so I wouldn't have streaks or stripes. I dutifully parted each section and clipped it to the top of my head and saturated the strands with the purple goo (no i didn't dye it purple, that's just how it looks when it comes out of the bottle).
I got all the way to the top 2 sections when the bottle started to spurt and sputter...uh oh...I had one section left when I ran out of dye. What was I going to do? I couldn't have one section of my hair strawberry blonde and the rest desert sunrise (the box says "A Light Golden Red"). So I left that part of my hair sectioned and rinsed out the rest of the purple goo. I pulled it into a loose 'tail and put on my paperclip ballcap so as to disguise the knot of hair on top that was on top of my head...I was looking foxy, let me tell you.
It was about 11:45 at this point and as luck would have it, the only 24 hour grocery in town is also the only place that carries this color of hair dye. I ran out to Safeway and grabbed the LAST BOX of number 15 Natural Instincts Desert Sunrise. The people you see at a store at midnight are always..um..interesting. There are always people hanging out outside the store as you go in. Aren't there better things to be doing than hanging out at Safeway?
Anyway, I got the dye and rushed home to finish the job...



As you can see, it's very red, but not an unnatural red that screams "look at me i just dyed my hair".

 
Promote your blog for free.