OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

ABC

There is a phrase that one uses to describe their taste in music. ABC means "Anything But Country". I think this pretty accurately reflects my taste in music, though I do like SOME (very few) country songs if they have catchy lyrics or a good hook. Most I've found to be twangy, bleeding heart, ballad-y, syrup-y CRAP. It's the latter that my co-worker in the next cube (not Mr. Creepy thank god...) has chosen to listen to. I'll call her Capital D. She is a very large person...who is loud...and slightly obnoxious at times. She gets winded walking down the hall. It's a little bit sad...
She has phone conversations with her husband who lives in a very far away place. I understand (believe me I do...)it really sucks to be that far away from the person you love, but does that mean that when you talk to them you have to be so loud that everyone around you can hear you sit there and call him little pet names..."i love you sweetie"..."no you hang up first"..."kiss kiss". (GAG). Her favorite names for him are "Bucko" and "Toots" which she calls him about 50 times during the conversation. The Wrestler and I have started calling each other Bucko...unfortunately he's within earshot as well.
I don't think I have complained about Capital D very much because she generally isn't that annoying (well it's a tolerable level). She recently got her PC sound card fixed though and ever since thinks that we all want to listen to CRAP just like she does. I listen to music sometimes. I make sure that I'm the only one who can hear it. I keep the sound very low. Capital D has one of those speaker systems that consist of 2 "regular" speakers and a woofer which means that she can play the CRAP even louder.
I wouldn't normally complain about this, but it's been going on every day (ALL DAMN DAY!) for the last week and it's really starting to PISS ME OFF.

 
Promote your blog for free.