OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Wednesday, December 17, 2003


Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!

Ever eaten a pomegranate? I hadn't until last night. They are fantastic and painfully annoying all at the same time. The rind is sort of like an orange, you can peel it (DO NOT eat it...it tastes like ass). When you peel back the rind, the cavity is filled with gobs of little blood red kernels. They come out very easily...so if you pop one into your mouth, it sort of pops inside your mouth releasing all of the tart/sweet goodness inside. I would say the taste was somewhat like a cranberry, only sweeter. You definately want to do it over a sink or the trash because the juice goes everywhere and stains anything. There's a tiny seed inside these kernels that are like grape seeds. I didn't care much for these so I just spit them out once I had eaten all of the juicy bit around it. I guess some people eat them, but I thought they were too bitter.
Anyway, the next time you're in the store, try a pomegranate!

 
Promote your blog for free.