OrangeZen

Random thoughts...from a random redhead.

Monday, November 24, 2003


Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!

Wow whatta weekend...ugh
Cleaning is one of my least favorite things to do. There is, however a point at which I can't stand things being messy for a second longer and I reach some kind of critical mass for 'messiness' and I go on a weird cleaning spree. I tend to jump from room to room doing little things here and there and it takes me twice as long to do. So now I can walk on the floor in my bedroom without stubbing my toe on the wardrobe because I have moved it against the wall. I have put away all of the crap laying around on the floor so it doesn't get stepped on and doesn't get any more shoe prints on it. I no longer have a sink overflowing with dirty dishes. There is not piles of who knows what lying everywhere. It doesn't sound like much but just not having to look at all of that every day makes me feel a little lighter. The proverbial weight has been lifted and I have a bounce in my step again....ok I wouldn't go THAT far, but maybe you get the picture.
I also took time out this weekend to play a little Playstation. SSX Tricky is probably the 3rd most addictive game (behind Everquest and The Sims). I still suck however...must improve that...
Today will be a short day for parent teacher conferences...I'm not looking forward to it, but at least it will give me a chance to sit down face to face with her teacher. She's not the easiest kid to deal with but it's definately possible if she's given some extra guidance and redirection.
So, it's another boring day at work today. My co-worker (the one who knows about the spying) told me today that the guy who shares a workspace with me has been "given a talking to". I haven't found out the details of that yet, but that should prove to be interesting enough...
Here's an interesting quote from an article I read today about gay marriages.
"I've known homosexual couples more committed to each other than heterosexuals," Ms. Burns said. "And given the abuses we've heard about recently in the Catholic Church, you can't necessarily say religion should be the final word. Just because something happens in the context of the church doesn't make it more holy."
I thought it was a good slam. These people who are against gay marriages because of their Catholic religious beliefs should take another look at the sick twisted things going on inside their own church before they go telling other people who they can and can't marry.

 
Promote your blog for free.